Privacy over your personal information
Specifically, we use data to:-
- For our own record keeping requirements.
- To fulfil orders placed with us.
- To improve the products and services we offer.
- To contact individuals in response to a specific enquiry.
- To send individuals promotional information, including emails about products and services we think might be of interest.
The personal information we collect and process about individuals is names, job titles, email addresses, billing and delivery addresses, contact telephone numbers and other information relevant to your relationship with our company.
The information we collect is controlled through our on-site controls, and/or held securely on our servers or the systems of carefully selected third-party companies who we work with to manage our business effectively. When it comes to the security of third-party data, all are strictly obligated to keep your personal information private and secure and no such third-party shall disclose any of the details held to any other third-party.
It is our strict policy to keep your personal information confidential and we will not provide your personal details to anyone outside unless the law requires us to do so, likewise to any other company for mailing or marketing purposes. Profoil complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We may embark on using additional third-party services to help improve your online experience. Any such services will not affect the security of your personal information.
All of our marketing emails are sent for legitimate business purposes and every email contains a link to enable you to “Opt Out” or “Unsubscribe” at your free will. If you receive any other form of unwanted marketing communication (e.g. by post), please contact us at [email protected] or at our registered office, which can be found on our website.
Security over your personal information
For the protection of your personal information whilst using our website www.profoil.com , we use high-level SSL encryption technology. This is the current standard of ensuring your information is transferred securely to the intended destination.
Wherever you shop online, we recommend you look for the signs that the connection you’re using is a secure SSL enabled connection. As you will find on the www.profoil.com website, a secure connection will display as an ‘https’ address in your browser whenever you’re required to transmit your personal information. A small secure padlock may also appear in your browser dependent on which browser technology you are using. We recommend that if you do not see these signs on the www.profoil.com website when using our checkout, stop your transaction immediately and contact us for further guidance.
As part of our secure payment process, we use reputable third-party services such as SagePay and PayPal to authorise and process your transactions. All such organisations are strictly obligated to also keep your personal information private. It is important to note that Profoil does not store any of your payment details after your online transaction is complete.
As an extra measure of security, our online checkout does utilise the Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™ and American Express SafeKey SM technologies. However, you must register with your card issuer to opt-in to this service, for it to be actioned upon www.profoil.com . Please see your card issuer for more information.
Our website uses “Cookies”, as almost all websites do, to help provide you with the best customer experience we can online. Cookies are very small, unobtrusive text files which are stored on your computer/or device when you browse the internet. When you shop at www.profoil.com you will have Cookies installed on your computer directly related to our website. These files are very small in size and will not cause any performance issues for your computer.
- To store information regarding your visit to our website and products you have added to your shopping basket. You must have Cookies enabled on your computer in order to build a shopping basket and place an order online with us. This is a standard procedure for all ecommerce websites and is nothing to be alarmed of. If you choose not to enable Cookies for the www.profoil.com website, you can continue to browse the website only.
- To track the behaviour and actions of visitors using our website. This is done purely to generate a resource to analyse and help improve our online customer experiences. This could result in showing you targeted products based on your previous activity with us. This tracking does not capture any of your personal information and will use legitimate third-party technologies.
- We may embark on third-party network initiatives to recommend our products to you whilst you browse other websites online. This information only uses your previous online behaviour and does not use or share any personal information. Note that we are not responsible for any content displayed on other websites. For any such service, you will always have the option to opt-out.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass data to advertising networks.
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
- Pay sales commissions.
Below is the list of cookies specifically used by our website and their description and functionality, including their duration.
|Type of Cookie||Name||Source||Purpose||Duration|
|Third Party – Functional||__gat||Google analytics||Used to throttle request rate.||10 mins from set / update|
|First Party – Functional||PHPSESSID||Profoil.com||Used to identify your unique session on the website.||Session|
|First Party – Functional||SESS||Profoil.com||Used to identify your unique session on the website.||Session|
|First Party – Functional||wp-settings||Profoil.com||Used by the website to customize your view of the main site interface.||1 year from set / update|
|First Party – Functional||wp-settings-time||Profoil.com||Used by the website to customize your view of the main site interface.||1 year from set / update|
|First Party – Functional||wordpress_*||Profoil.com||Used by the website for a logged in user. Required to communicate with the database.||Session|
|First Party – Functional||wooCommerce_cart_hash||Profoil.com||This is used to maintain your current shopping cart.||Session|
|First Party – Functional||woocommerce_items_in_cart||Profoil.com||How many items are there in your cart.||Session|
|First Party – Functional||wp_woocommerce_session_*||Profoil.com||Tracking your current shop with us.||Session|
|First Party – Functional||aelia_CS_selected_currency||Profoil.com||Used to maintain your current currency selection on the website.||Session|
|Third Party – Functional||__zlcmid and __zlcprivacy||Zopim/Zendesk||Used to operate our online customer service chat software. A discussion can be maintained whilst you browse from page to page.||1 year from set / update|
|Third Party – Functional||__cfduid||Cloudflare||Part of our secure cloud data service. Used to identify individual visitors behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.||1 year from set / update|
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter, we have included sharing buttons on our site. The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site Improvement Cookies
We test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
Links from our website
Our website can contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside our domain. If you provide information to a website with which we have a link, we cannot be held responsible for your protection and privacy.